During this COVID 19 crisis, Ride Connection continues to work remotely to meet the transportation needs of our older adults and persons with disabilities. Although medical providers are rescheduling office visits, our riders continue to need access to necessary appointments for acute illness, medication management and dialysis. We require at least 4 business days’ notice to schedule rides. Rides are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and there are a limited number of slots available each day. Limit is 2 round-trip rides per month. We do not have the capacity to schedule next-day rides. Medicaid recipients, please contact your Medicaid provider to determine if you have a transportation benefit.
We are working to accommodate all medically necessary rides with a few days’ notice to ensure continuity of care and access to health. In some situations, we may also be able to accommodate riders needing assistance for other necessary activities of life, such as trips to the pharmacy or grocery store. We bill for services 30-60 days after your ride. We use the Virginia Poverty Sliding Scale to determine co-pays. No-show fees will apply.
Following CDC guidelines, our transportation providers are taking necessary precautions to maintain clean vehicles and social distancing to help riders, drivers and staff remain safe. Riders are required to wear a mask.
Call the Ride Connection Hotline at (804) 672-4495 and leave a detailed message to schedule a ride or get information on transportation resources.
Henrico and City of Richmond
• GRTC (804) 358-4782- Bus, Care Van and Care on Demand - Operating following CDC and VDH guidelines –
Check website/news for disruptions. Care Van and bus are providing rides at no cost.
• Ride Connection, Senior Connections (below) (804) 672-4495
• Hanover Dash(804) 365-DASH (3274) - Operating following CDC and VDH guidelines.
• Hanover Senior Rides (804) 357-9360
Ride Connection, Senior Connections (below) (804) 672-4495
• Chesterfield Access and Access on Demand (804) 706-2796- Operating following CDC and VDH guidelines.
• Ride Assist (804) 698-0438- During the current COVID-19 emergency, Volunteer Drivers are delivering food and prescriptions to clients aged 60+. They are not transporting clients.
Charles City and New Kent
- Bay Transit – (804) 966-8743 – Operating following CDC and VDH guidelines.