Medicare and Insurance Counseling Program
The Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program
(VICAP) is part of a nationwide network of health insurance assistance
programs. Locally, VICAP is sponsored by Senior Connections, The
Capital Area Agency on Aging. Trained volunteer counselors assist
seniors with Medicare and help seniors and caregivers understand and
compare Medicare and other health insurance benefits.
Counseling topics include:
- Original Medicare (for seniors and the disabled under 65 with Medicare)
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D)
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance (Medigap)
- Extra Help With Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs (LIS)
- Medicare Savings Programs (MSP)
- Long-term care insurance (LTC)
- Medicare appeals and denials
- Preventing, detecting and reporting healthcare fraud, errors and abuse
VICAP counselors are not licensed to sell insurance and are not associated with any insurance company.
Counseling is always free, unbiased and confidential. Most counseling is completed over the phone, but if necessary, counselors may meet with clients at Senior Connections.
For assistance please call the VICAP Intake Line at (804) 343-3014 to leave your question or a brief description of your problem along with your name and phone number. A counselor will contact you in the order in which your call was received. If you would like a speaker for your group, please leave your request on the intake line or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
VICAP works collaboratively with the Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) to help educate and empower beneficiaries to take an active role in detecting and preventing health care fraud and abuse. Call 1 (800) 938-8885 to report suspected Medicare fraud or to receive fraud prevention materials.
Are you interested in volunteering with VICAP? Call 804-343-3024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this opportunity.