What Are Home Delivered Meals?
Nutritious meals providing one-third of the recommended dietary allowances (RDA) that are delivered to the homes of seniors who cannot prepare a nutritious meal for themselves.
Who May Receive Home Delivered Meals?
1. Are age 60 or older and reside in the City of Richmond or the Counties of Charles City, Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent or Powhatan.
2. Are homebound and unable to leave the home for social activities.
3. Have no one to help regularly with preparing nutritious meals.
4. A spouse or dependent regardless of age or disability who lives at home with the eligible senior.
What Does the Home Delivered Meals Program Provide?
- Hot meals consisting of meat or other protein food, vegetables, fruit, bread, milk or other dairy food, and dessert.
- Regular and special diets if needed such as diabetic, renal, and vegetarian. Foods may be chopped or pureed if needed.
- Daily contact from a FeedMore, our local Meals on Wheels provider, volunteer.
- Home visits from a Senior Connections Care Coordinator for initial assessment and periodic reassessments for eligibility and other needs.
How Much Does It Cost?
There is no charge for Home Delivered Meals. Seniors are encouraged to contribute according to their ability; however, there is no obligation. Donations assist the Agency with providing these meals for additional seniors in need of nutritional support. All donations are voluntary, private, and confidential.
Who Delivers the Home Delivered Meals?
Friendly, caring volunteers from FeedMore serving Central Virginia deliver these meals daily between 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and provide a safety and security check on our homebound seniors.
How Can I Get More Information About Home Delivered Meals?
Please contact Barbara Gillis, Home Delivered Meals Coordinator at (804) 343-3027.